I know what it’s like to be driven to perform at the highest level professionally. From day one, I’ve hustled and poured everything I had into my patients. My patients were happy that I was their physician, and I was the stellar physician leader who managed a high functioning group and exceeded organization metrics. Instead of relishing in achievement and success, I wasn’t happy and I didn’t feel good enough as a physician. As a wife and mom, I felt guilty for making work my number one priority. I continued down this narrow road until I had my 26-week preemie who changed the trajectory of my personal and professional life!
Living in the NICU for six long months was the first time ever in my career that I spent more than 1 week away from my physician job not thinking about work! During these uncertain times, I was introspective and reflective. As I witnessed my daughter grow and thrive, I found personal growth as well. I recognized that there are some things in life that I have control over while other are not in my control at all. The key in moving forward is learning how to find growth from any circumstance. I pursued a health coaching certification as a means to helping me figure out what needed to change and how to do it. I was my own client. To this day, I firmly believe that health coaching derailed my fast track to burnout.
Through the training, I gained clarity and I was able to redesign a realistic and practical blueprint on how I would invest my energy moving forward. I learned how to manage my mind, which changed my responses and how I experienced life. When I returned to full-time work, I found a way to thrive and experience newfound joy in caring for my patients and incorporating health coaching into the clinic visits. I eventually saw the benefits of switching work environments completely. To further connect with my patients, I complemented my health coaching training with life coaching courses, and what unfolded was a holistic coaching paradigm that approached every aspect of a individual’s life – body, mind, and spirit – in relation to the whole. It helped my patient’s access their full potential and make transformational changes not only in their physical health, but with their overall way of life.
Now, I’m compelled to care for my fellow colleagues (MD, DO, Resident, Med student, NP, PA, RN, PT, OT, pharmacist, etc.). The demands on us are greater than ever before. We’ve been taught to put others before self, and we’ve obliged, but the emotional and psychological burdens that we carry can be crushing. It’s time to infuse self-care into our own lives. My coaching supports healthcare professionals so they can manage these burdens and continue to do what they’ve worked their entire lives to do – care for others. As a coach, I’ve experienced the same stressors, and clients who partner with me will feel supported, they will have my undivided attention, and I will walk side by side with them in their journey to redesigning their personal narrative.
If you are in healthcare, coaching may be for you if:
- You are sick and tired of feeling that constant feeling of overwhelm and stress.
- You never have enough time to take care of your own needs.
- You don’t want “Burnout” to be your life story.
- You are ready to take a new, inspired action step … one that will benefit YOUR overall health and wellbeing!
- You are looking for the first step that will clarify the issues at hand and help you to see that there is a clear path to more peace of mind and more joy for you and your loved ones.
- You want to be healthier.
- You want to rediscover your passions.
- You want to discover a better way to work in your current position.
- You want to work through your internal thoughts is a safe, confidential relationship.
- You are wanting to transition your career from your current role into a Lifestyle & Functional Medicine Micropractice.
Schedule your Discovery Call today!
To schedule your coaching follow-up, click here.